Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Take Time to Smell the Flowers!

Is your life as busy as mine?  
Hello Dear Friends!  Thanks for stopping by today!
I really need to 'take time to smell the flowers' ... 
life is just buzzin' by!

 There's a new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters and our hostess Diane has given us a photo inspiration to create from today!  Check this out ...

 Isn't that a beautiful garden?  
I would love to be walking through there right now and I bet it smells wonderful with all the lavender and roses!  You can interpret this photo as you see it but I think Diane is looking for you to use the COLORS in this pretty picture!   I chose to go with the COLORS and the scene itself.  So pretty!


I had a lot of fun creating this garden scene. 
My husband teases me about always having to put 'birds in the sky' and 'butterflies on the flowers' ... so of course I had to finish off my flower garden with a couple little white butterflies that were laying on the work table just begging to be added.  

Here's an interesting little story for you ...
Did you know it's been said that when white butterflies follow you around, they are the spirit of loved ones just letting you know they are watching over you?  
Call me crazy!  But over the past couple of years, all summer long when I am outside mowing the lawn or working in the flower beds there are always TWO white butterflies following me around.  Since both my father and my father-in-law where avid gardeners, I'm assuming it must be them watching over what I'm doing and guiding me in the right direction.  
Call me crazy again!  But I have noticed that in these past couple of years my flowers have been SO vibrant in color and my lawn looks better than ever!  
Must be the help of our Dad's guiding hands!

Well, I will leave you with that and get back to business here in my crafting cave before it's time to get outside in those flower beds!

 I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun! 
I'd love to see what YOU create!
As always . . .

 


Recipe:
Papers:   white cs, SU pear pizazz cs, SU garden green cs, SU old olive cs, DCWV Latte matstack,
Dies:  Creative Expressions Sue Wilson 'Finishing Touches' Petite Vinery, Creative Expressions Sue Wilson 'Finishing Touches' Blossoming Branch, Heartfelt Creations 'Birds & Blooms', Impression Obsession 'Fence', Joy!Craft 'grass', Poppy Stamps 'Classic Ribbons'
Accessories:  Kaiser pearls, TH Dusty Concord distress ink, sponge applicator, Prima flowers, Stickles, Martha Stewart '3 in 1' butterfly punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.