Sunday, March 15, 2015

Cardabilities Team Reveal & Card Debut

Good Morning Again My Friends!  
WOW!  Busy day today!
(If you're looking for my DT card for 613 Avenue Creates, please scroll down.)

I'm thrilled today to share my DEBUT card for my new design team spot over on the amazing Cardabiltities Card Sketch Challenge Blog.  This is reveal #119 ... check it out ...


We are happy to have The Stamping Boutique as our sponsor today!

 The Stamping Boutique

I must admit I struggled a bit with today's sketch (or maybe it was just stage fright! LOL).
I don't do a lot of 'shape' cards so this was truly a challenge for me ... but I forged ahead and here's what I came up with.  The adorable digi image I created with today from The Stamping Boutique is called 'Little Girl With a Balloon.


After cutting my circular card and having it partially put together, I decided it was just TOO PLAIN!  Since I didn't have a larger die, I proceeded to tape it down to a pretty piece of Cardmaking & Papercraft (free) design paper and free hand cut my decorative scallop background panel.  A bit of sponging around the edge and VIOLA!  Happier now! 


For my added balloons, I cut the surrounding balloons off the Die-Mensions 'Balloon Bash' die cut using white card stock and colored each balloon a different color with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.

If you are new to the Cardabilities site, here are some important links you'll want to take a peek at and hopefully get involved in! AND, if you are a scrap booker, check out the TAB on our blog, linking you to the scrap booking sketch blog.  We have inspiration everywhere!!!

REMEMBER, you have until March 28th to join in our sketch challenge fun!!

 Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by today and for your support/encouragement!
But before I go ... 
here are a few challenges I'd like to share in today:
Brown Sugar Challenge - Shaped cards

AS ALWAYS . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, SU pattern pack design paper, Cardmaking & Papercraft luxury paper pack,  
Dies:  Creative Expressions Sue Wilxon 'Italian Collection' Decorative Frames, Memory Box 'Stitched Circle Layers',
Die-Mensions 'Balloon Bash', Elizabeth Craft 'Happy Birthday', Marianne 'leaves', 
Accessories:  Martha Stewart 'heart border punch', dimensional tape, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, small sponge dauber, Colorbox 'berrylicious' ink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.