Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Neighborhood Holiday Party 2014

WOW!  Only 8 more days till Christmas and I am NOT ready!!
HELLO FRIENDS!

Well I think I've finally recovered from our Annual Neighborhood Holiday Get Together and thought I'd share just a few (too busy talking being a good hostess to take photos) peeks at the good time we had!  I'm THRILLED to say that ALL those invited came!  Some just had time to POP in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas, some stayed for a short while, some stayed even longer and so happy to say that our friends from the Toledo, Ohio area made the trip and spent the night with us!  
THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING THE TIME!!!

Of course Mark went CRAZY with the menu again this year!  So we had lots of left overs and shared with whomever wanted to take some home with them.

The menu this year included:
Bar-B-Q Meatballs & Cocktail Weiners
Mark's Personal Best Mac & Cheese
Fried Chicken (purchased)
Cold Cut Sliders (purchased)
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Crab Dip
Artichoke & Spinach Dip
Shrimp Coctail
Pinwheels (Ham, Turkey, Salami & Roast Beef)
Meat & Cheese Tray
Mark's Personal Best Cheese Ball
Mark's Personal Best Mushroom Salad
Christmas Deviled Eggs (colored Red & Green)
Fresh Fruit Salad


 AS WELL AS DESSERTS 
 Peanut Butter Fudge
Brownie Bites
Varies Oatmeal Cookies
Varies Chocolate Chip Cookies

and dishes brought in from a few of our friends/neighbors!

Greens, Meat & Cheese SALAD
Homemade Hummus
Pepperoni Rolls
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Pumpkin Cheese Cake

LIKE I SAID ... we had a TON OF FOOD and it was all  SO GOOD!!!

 By the time EVERYONE got here we had people in every room and I LOVED IT!!!  

Everyone was thrilled to meet our newest member of the neighborhood ... little Miss Lily Shamp.  It was at our party last year that Travis & Christy announced that they were FINALLY pregnant and we are all so over joyed with their news!  Fast Forward to this years party and little Lily had everyone's attention!  She was so good ... and SO CUTE!!!

We all had our turn holding and playing with Lily!  As you can see in the photo one of the favorite spots was on our livingroom floor where Lily was with her Mom & Dad!

I was lucky enough to snap this fabulous photo of little Lily and neighbor Christine (who has 2 beautiful daughters of her own ... you've met them here on my blog ... Miss Olivia and Miss Emily).


We are certainly blessed with friends, family and a fabulous neighborhood! 

Now that I've caught my second wind, I think I'd better concentrate on Christmas shopping and getting my cards in the mail!

NOPE I don't have them done YET ... another blessing ... I've sold so many of my holiday cards this year I don't have enough for myself!  LOL! 
 I fear they may be a tad LATE being mailed this year!  Eeeks!  LOL!


Okay so there you have it!  





Our Christmas Party was a huge success and I am truly looking forward to next years.  But I do have to talk to hubby about this menu ... I think it might be just A LITTLE out of control!  LOL! 

Have a fabulous week everyone and thanks for stopping by!
As always and until next time . . .


Ooops! ALMOST FORGOT TO SHARE THIS!
I recently purchased a stamp set from 'My Craft Spot' called Christmas Friends & Neighbors and used this stamp to make a quick treat for each of my guests this year.  Yep, you guessed it!  Inside was a full size Snicker's bar! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.