Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A Snowman Get Well with Dies R Us!

Welcome Back Friends!
Today I have a wintertime Get Well card for you using a POSITIVE cut and a NEGATIVE cut from my dies today.  Using the negative portion of your die cuts is a great way to use up some of those scraps ... give it a try!


How adorable is this Sweet Dixie Snowman.  By simply die cutting him out of white card stock and adhering him to a piece of black card stock, I only had to 'fill in the blanks' ... which I did by using my xmas red, green and Orange Peel Stickles.  So festive and cute!

Now comes the fun part of my card!  For my sentiment, I decided not to waste the negative portion of the black card stock panel I had used to cut the words out for a different card creation so by making sure I kept the little pieces that came out of the original cut of this Elizabeth Craft Get Well Soon die (pieces from the 'e and o') I was able to create this sentiment panel.  

Of course the one I used here on my card, was done a few days back so I QUICKLY [5 minutes or so] did another one so I could do a little photo tutorial for you.  You can use this technique with so many of your die cuts!  Give it a try!  This is also a great way to use up some of those scraps you have laying around!!

STEP 1:  Die cut your words using a scrap piece of card stock.

 STEP 2:  Cut your die cut panel to the desired size.

 
 STEP 3:  Mat your original cut panel onto a contrasting color piece of card stock.

STEP 4:  Remove your words from the die CAREFULLY saving the little pieces that are in the letters (in this case) E and O.

STEP 5:  With a tiny dab of white glue, adhere the letter centers into your negative panel ... hence creating a SECOND sentiment panel from ONE die cut!!  YAY!!

I hope you've found a bit of inspiration in my card today and if you've never used this technique ... give it a try!

Be sure to pop over to our Dies R Us Store and check out all the amazing dies available 'under one roof' by so many wonderful companies!  Our shipping rates are VERY affordable ... we have a fabulous newsletter that you'll want to sign up for so you don't miss out on any of our FLASH SALES and of course you'll want to come play in our fun challenges HERE!  New challenge on the 1st and 15th of each month with one lucky winner receiving a gift voucher for the store!

OH! OH!  And, don't forget about the GIVEAWAY we have going on through the 30th.  
Just click HERE to enter and
Good luck!!

Well that's it for me today!  So much to do and so little time to do it so I'd best get busy!!
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.