Saturday, April 5, 2014

Sharing my organized mess . . .

Happy Saturday my friends!
Craft Hoarders Anonymous is having a very unique, FUN and informative challenge going on right now through the end of the day Sunday.  I just couldn't help but enter into it!

It's called FIFTH MONDAY FEATURE!
For every month that contains a fifth Monday, they do a FEATURE WEEK and a LINKY PARTY!

The design team members will take turns sharing their storage tips and solutions. Each of them will share how they store their hoard! Three designers will share each "fifth week" during the year! You will get to peek into the design team's craft spaces and see how they manage to "contain" their hoarded supplies!

Plus you will have the opportunity to share your own storage solutions, tips, ideas, etc., by linking up! One RANDOM WINNER for March will win the prize.


WELCOME TO MY CAVE!
Here are some of the ways I store my 'hoard' ...

 Basically, I have HALF the basement of our home (well it does flow over to the other side two where I have all the cases of my cards and my light box set up for photographs).
I can seat 8 ladies down here for a fun crafting get together.
But most of the time I'm just SPREADING out and playing by myself!  It nice to have this much room so I can spread out my folders/binders for design team work.  This is how I keep organized on upcoming DT and Guest DT obligations.  (trust me, it doesn't always look this neat!!  lol)

THIS is where I spend a lot of my time ...
on the computer, coloring images and making flowers. 

Hubby built me this wonderful stand up work table with cubby hole shelving.
(lol ... can you say RIBBON ADDICTION!)








On the wall that goes upstairs, he put up pegboard.  This way, I can
hang a lot of my embellishment.  My thought was ... If you can see them ... you will use them!  
Of course, I have so much stuff, I'm not going to live long enough to use them all!  
Unless I make it to about 200 years old!  LOL!

 I LOVE these 3 drawer stackable cases!  
This is how I store a lot of my design papers as well as my stamps.
You also see on the right side of the photo that I have some 12x12 paper shelves.  I was lucky enough to get in on a good buy when one of the local stores went out of business several years ago.
I have printed labels for each of the case drawers which makes it not only look 'uniform' but also helps this feeble mind remember where I put stuff!! 
(that way I don't have to open each and every drawer every time I want something!  LOL)


The colorful middle section are 8 1/2 x 11 clear boxes that I keep my card stock in.
With being in the basement I was concerned about the moisture (humidity) with all the paper so I decided to keep it separated in these clear boxes.  However, our dehumidifier works very well and I'm happy to say I don't have a problem with paper curling or anything like that!


These clear cases also come in 12x12 size so I also use them to store my Christmas papers & stamps in.  That way when it comes time for those holiday cards, I have everything together and see what I'd like to work with. (trust me ... this is NOT all my Christmas stuff!)   On this shelf I also have some of the 8 1/2 x 11 cases with Christmas embellishments, glitters, pearls, holiday ribbons.  
Last but not least is my die cutting/embossing station.
You see in the back are bins filled with clear cases of Spellbinder dies.
The Martha Stewart colorful binders house all my 'other' dies from other companies.
The RED binder is actually a variety of companies but the dies are all CHRISTMAS themed!
The black and blue binders house all the other 'goodies'. 
( I must admit ... the black binder next to the red one is actually empty sleeves with the magnetic panels READY for NEW goodies.)
These binders and clear sleeves can be purchased at Staples.  I use the smaller binders ... they also come in 8 1/2 x 11.  The magnetic panels are actually purchased at Lowe's/Home Depot and they are Furnace Vent Covers.  They come 3 in a pack and are easily cut to size with your paper cutter.  The magnetic sheets are WHITE backed so I write the name/die # on the back for easy reference.

On the shelves of this stand you will find all my embossing folders and larger dies
like the Tim Holtz or the new Pop Up dies.

Okay ... that's it!  I'm sure you've seen enough.
It is fabulous to have this wonderful space I call 'MY CAVE'.
Let alone all the goodies I have to play with. 
I am so BLESSED!!!

Thanks for the visit!
DARLENE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.