Thursday, January 30, 2014

EXCITING NEWS . . .

FINALLY ... I get to share my exciting news with you!
I'm thrilled & honored to let you know that myself and Squigglefly team mates Nancy Williams, Charlene Mitchell and Elizabeth Hart have had baby cards published in the
(on sale TODAY)

(Issue #120)


showcasing the use of a variety of Squigglefly digital images.
Charlene's card made the front cover!  Way to go girl!!
Here is the card I had published...




The digi image was designed by Judith Hart and the sentiment is by Elizabeth Kushner.
Unfortunately, there was a mistake in printing and they inserted my photo on both my card and Nancy Williams (I feel so bad about that!).

While I have your attention {she said with a little snicker} I'd like to share with you another card I have created for the SHAPED challenge going on over at Classy Cards n Such.  SHAPED cards is not really something I do a lot of so this challenge really intrigued me!  And, I must say I like how this came together.



Believe it or not, the base card is the ONLY thing I had to make.
 All the other pieces were laying on my work table, cut for
other projects that ended up not being used!
UNTIL TODAY that is!

Challenges:
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes/Fancy Folds
The Paper Nest Dolls - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by today to share in my publication excitement!
 Trying to stay warm in Ohio ...
we're up to a whopping 8 degrees this morning!
As always . . .

Recipe for SHAPE card:
Paper:  Pink cs, White cs, Blue cs, 
Accessories:  Spellbinder 'Gold Labels Four' die, Heartfelt Creations 'Sun Kissed Fleur' stamps & die set, McGill flower making kit, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Polynesian Sails Oval - center die', Cheery Lynn Designs 'Fanciful Flourish Small',  Cheery Lynn Designs 'Exotic Butterflies'

22 comments:

  1. Always reaching new heights...soooo proud of you!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Dar! Well done!!! I am so very happy for you. The honor is well-deserved and the card are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, congrats to you..WOW...what an honor, how exciting.....and I can relate to the magazine mistake, the "only" time I was published, they put my name in as "Jan" instead of "Diane"...but once it's done, it's done..lol...good for you and cool card by the way. Okay now on to Classy Cards 'n Such challenge...WOW...love your entry...you do so good at putting things together that are on your desk (you must have a BIG desk..lol)...beautiful entry..thanks for joining us again this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! How exciting for you and your team mates at Squigglefly. Love, love, love your shaped card. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what fabulous news! congrats on the publication! :) and hooray for Squigglefly, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations what fab cards!!!!
    Hugs
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! Congratulations to you all!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, such a lovely card you got published! =)
    Gorgeous shaped card you made too! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Darlene. Thankyou so much for designing such a beautiful card from my artwork! We make a great team. It's so exciting to see our names there in the magazine! Congratulations. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Darlene. Thankyou so much for designing such a beautiful card from my artwork! We make a great team. It's so exciting to see our names there in the magazine! Congratulations. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I am not surprised though! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A huge congratulations Darlene. What a great accomplishment. I am so happy for you.
    hugs
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  13. so beautiful. love that shape and flowers. Thank you for joining our Anything goes Challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls.
    Jasmina DT PND

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations my friend, I'm so happy for you!!!! Your other card is so beautiful, love the shape and all the extra embellishments are wonderful.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! I love the shaped card and that butterfly is just beautiful! Thanks for playing at Crafting From The Heart!
    Tina, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on being published! That is terrific news.I love the shaped card, the images you used really pop! Thanks for joining the challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such. Great entry!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. How wonderful to be published, hun, very well deserved, Congratulations to you and all at Squigglfly, Love your card my lovely, I love the shape and all the dies, colours and flower, amazing hun, thank you for sharing with us at Crafting from the Heart this fortnight, best of luck hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such exciting news, congratulations! Love your terrific cards! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Exciting News, Darlene! Birg congratulations and hugs. Love your sweet baby card and your shaped card with the awesome flower is gorgeous.
    Can I have your autograph?

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cute! Congrats on being published in the magazine! Thanks for playing at Crafting From The heart. Hope to see you next time. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.