Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sisterhood of Crafters - Recycle, Reuse, Renew

Hey Everyone ... it's time for another fun challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafter's!

Today our challenge theme is:

RECYCLE, RENEW, REUSE
Use at least ONE recycled item on your project/card.

I happen to have made TWO projects for this challenge.

First is a RECYCLED Cricuit Cartridge Box.  I decided to decorate it and turn it into a gift for my friend who has a birthday coming up and is a TEA LOVER!!


The tea pot & tea cup were created using a new technique I recently learned using Glitter Peel by Elizabeth Craft. HERE IS A LINK TO THE ELIZABETH CRAFT SITE.  The designer paper used is from K & Co. and DCWV.  The leaves were created using the Marianne LR0156 die and aqua cardstock.  The floral circle under the teapot was cut from the same floral K & Co designer paper using the Memory Box #98189 Catalina Wreath die and sponged using Tim Holtz Dusty Concord distress ink.  The sentiment comes from a CTMH stamp set and the lace is by Wright, purchased at JoAnn's.  A few touches of purple Stickles adorn the flower centers and edges of the box. 

For my second project I decided to finally do something with the box that my husbands new wallet came in a few Christmas's ago.  When he received the wallet as a gift, he handed me the empty box and said, "I suppose you'll be wanting to do something CRAFTY with this!"  LOL 
And I finally have!

I decided this would be a good item to use for a small set of Note Cards.
Products used are:
Papers:  DCWV Mariposa designer paper, white cardstock. olive cardstock
Accessories:  Michaels green organza ribbon, K&Co. Brenda Walton Flora & Fauna Butterfly Adhesive Chipboard #30-599635, Marianne LR0157 flourish die

I have really grown to love these 'Trash to Treasure' challenges and if you haven't tried this type of challenge . . . NOW'S THE TIME!  Please come join in the fun at The Sisterhood of Crafter's!  I anxiously await being inspired by your creation!


 You will have plenty of time to come up with an idea . . . this challenge runs until 8:00 PM EST on Sunday, April 22nd.  And if you need more inspiration ... be sure to check out what my team mates have created!

Other qualifying challenges:
Anything Goes Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Sassy Cheryl's - Anything Goes
 Use It Tuesday - Anything Goes
Always Crafting - Anything But A Card
Gingerloft Challenge - Anything But A Card


Hope you'll come join us!  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  I SO appreciate your visits & comments! 

HUGS,
Darlene

15 comments:

  1. Very awesome projects! I need to research the glitter technique... And how nice is if to have a trained, oops, I mean thoughtful hubby? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dar, you completely owned this challenge. Amazing projects and use of repurposed packaging...it really blew me away to see your ideas! I love that tea set - your friend will, too...
    and the wallet package....GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.....love love love your boxes!!! beautifully done!!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!! Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft's Challenge.

    Hugs,

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful projects and great ideas!

    Thanks for joining us in Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! These are beautiful....will you share the new technique for the tea pot and tea cup? Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. two exeptionally fabulous boxes...need a word !!! ..i saw these fabby projects and hey presto BIG thought light bulb on maximum!!!!!! right go search..and search i did and found a box...so now im all stuck with glue up to my neck in butterflies and allsorts this is all down to you.. *Look what youve done to me ,hahahah...your so inspiring but havent finished it yet will try upload it tommorow loads of huggies a very glued up sassyxxxlol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING projects Darlene, your friend is going to looove her tea box, so beautiful layered and perfect sentiment, loove the colour lol! Gorgeous butterfly notelets and box to, have a wonderful weekend, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful use for those old boxes! I love your tea box. My mother might be getting something simular for Mother's Day. Your colors are so eye catching as well. Great job!

    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tea box out of an old Cricut cartridge is beyond fabulous!! Thanks so much must for sharing this creative project with us at the Gingerloft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my stars- these projects are absolutely amazing!!! I love the glittery teapots- I am a tea drinker- love the colors you used too....

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! What incredible projects. Can't believe that these are made with recycled items. LOVE THEM ALL! Especially the 'Dockers' one. Too creative.
    So glad you joined the Sassy DTeam in the anything goes challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's. Good luck in the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness, these are great! I love both of the boxes but there is just something about the wallet box that grabs me! Beautiful projects. Thank you for entering Gingerloft's Challenge...
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    I think you should enter twice since you have two projects, if Linky will let you. Not sure how that works

    ReplyDelete
  14. all are stunning, fab ideas, thanks for joing our Anything goes challenge at Anything goes, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow these are awesome! So creative! Thanks for playing along with Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.