Wednesday, January 11, 2012

SCS 'Try A New Technique' Challenge

This week's TRY A NEW TECHNIQUE challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers is called 'The Best of 2011".  Judy is our hostess and she has asked us to backtrack through the TLC challenges of 2011 and pick out one (or more) of last years challenge themes to make our creations.





I chose TLC303 - Sponging

TLC304 - Faux Stitching
and
TLC352 - Make It Snow















The stamp I used for my focus image is STAMPSCAPES, Trio of Trees.  I stamped it onto light blue cardstock with Versafine 'Majestic Blue' ink.  Then using a white Signo pen, put streaks of SNOW on the twigs & sides of the trees.  

Snowflakes from Inkadinkado were stamped in white dye ink and a little of the same ink was sponged light across the images to appear as 'blowing snow'.

My background paper was created by stamping the same snowflake stamps onto white paper with Versamark and sponging over top & around the edges with Tim Holtz 'Faded Jeans' distress ink.  


The faux stitching was done with the same white Signo pen as I used for the snow on the trees.  The large snowflake was made with fun foam and using the Spellbinder Snowflake dies.  Silver Stickles was used for the sparkly center.

What a fun challenge!  I'm so glad I popped over to check it out and then played along!
Their sketch challenge came up today so hopefully I'll have that done & ready to share later in the week.

Now I really MUST get some of these Christmas decorations put away ... I've been procrastinating all day!!  LOL!!  
Please stop back tomorrow for a VERY UNIQUE & FUN CHALLENGE IDEA from Shelly's Images!  I think you're going to really like this one!  I know I sure did!!

Hugs,
Darlene

2 comments:

  1. The bark on the trees looks so real the snowflakes are gorgeous!

    Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. Your trees look like they could just jump off that card. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.