Thursday, January 19, 2012

Joan's Gardens Challenge

WOW!  What a fabulously challenging challenge Joan has over on her blog (Joan's Gardens) today!  Here's a quick run down of the deets:
  • Use a door or window or something similar
  • Use an out door type of stamp
  • Use a flourish 
  • Use either an embossing folder or embossing powder
Well ... since I have yet to order of those fancy doors/windows dies from Joan (my bad) ,,, I had to get creative and make my own.  Here's what I came up with ...
I must admit ... I had a little help with this one!  It just so happened that Shelly (Shelly's Images) and I were crafting via Skype today and she was guiding me through my 'window framing'.  It is actually TWO layers (Shelly's idea) because after I had it together I said ... "dang, I wished I had embossed the frame before putting my photo behind it" ... to which Shelly said ... "so, make another one, emboss it and layer it over top"!  DUH ... good idea ... THANKS SHELLY!

Recipe for this card:
Papers:  Chocolate Chip cs, Garden Green cs, White cs
Stamps:  Ala Art (sky), Stampscapes (trees, birds, sentiment)
Inks:  Momento Bamboo Leaves, ColorBox Rose Coral, 
TH Broken China & Stormy Sky
Accessories:  Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourish, Cuttlebug EF
Prima flowers, Stickles, Sponge Daubers
(items in red were purchased at Joan's Gardens)

This was a fun challenge and after dinner I'll pop back in to see if there are other challenges out there that this creation might qualify for.  Right now, I'm headed upstairs to get dinner started.  Hubby will probably be late ... IT IS SNOWING & BLOWING and I'm sure traffic will be a mess!
Thanks for stopping by.  See you in a bit!

Okay I'm back!  Hubby was late getting home due to the weather but he's safe & sound and I'm ready to link this creation up to other qualifying challenges with the help of Feline Playful.

Crafty Purple Frog Challenge - Anything Goes
 Creative Belli Blog #13 - Frames
Anything Goes Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
Paperminutes - Anything Goes
Make My Monday - Create a Scene
There She Goes - Back to Nature

Hugs,
Darlene

21 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

What a lovely scene! thanks so much for playing along with this week's There She Goes challenge!

Holly aka Toy said...

Such a beautiful window card! Well done!

Grace said...

Oh wow Darlene! What a great take on the window! So creative! Love the scene you created too! Hope all is well with you!!!
hugs,
Grace

Mynnette said...

What a stunning creation! LOVE the window scene! :) Thanks for joining us this week at MMM! :)

Heike said...

wonderful creation.
Thx for joining pm

Heike xxx

Amanda said...

such a lovely card Darlene, it's realy like looking through the window!

Hugs Amanda

Amanda said...

such a lovely card Darlene, it's realy like looking through the window!

Hugs Amanda

Bunny said...

Beautiful card...Thanx for joining us at Crafty Sentiments, and good luck.

Caz x Crafty Sentiments DT

Olga said...

you got a winner here with this beauty!!!!

Suzanne Brookfield said...

Hi .... its a great scene and love the improvisation. Thank you for entering the Make My Monday challenge this week.

Jacqueline said...

A lovely scenic card - thanks for joining in at Make My Monday - Jacqueline xx

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous great image love the layout bless you for playing at anything goes this week hugs Cheryl xxx

StephC said...

Gorgeous card! Love the window. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Belli challenge!

Joan Fricker said...

Darlene, you are just so clever. Cute idea making your own window.
Great job.

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly Challenge.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Theresa said...

Totally fabulous card! Love the window. Thanks for playing along with this week's There She Goes challenge!!

Donna said...

Wonderful card Darlene!! Great window. Terrific scene!
Hugs
Donna

Suzi B said...

A lovle through the window scene Thank you for joining in at MMM
Suzi b :)

Kati said...

Great idea!
Mamapia for paperminutes

Jo Davies said...

Beautiful card! Thanks or sharing with us over at Crafty Sentiments this week!

Sorry for late comment just trying to catch up.....
Big hugs Jo xxx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous card you have made. It’s perfect for our challenge. Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Purple Frog Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (The Crafty Purple Frog Design Team Member) xxx

Paige said...

Love your flourish and flower! Thank you for joining us at Creative Belli!