Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge

WOW, here we are at mid-week again already!!  We are fortunate here in N.E. Ohio to be enjoying 'indian summer'.  The sun is shining and the temperatures are in the 60s!  Perfect for those last minute outdoor cleanup jobs before the snow & cold weather sets in!!

Our challenge today at Penny's Paper-Crafty Creations is to ALTER SOMETHING and we're honored to have Stampin' Dragon Designs as our sponsor for today's challenge!!!

BEFORE

A while back, I began saving my extra Nestabilities cut pieces in these empty Scotch Double Sided tape boxes.  They were the perfect size to fit under my ribbon racks and placed the extra pieces at my fingertips.  PROBLEM IS, I can't  remember which shape is in which box and they didn't look very pretty!  Hence, my thought of altering these boxes using various scraps of designer paper and Creative Memories sticker letters (sitting in my scrapbooking stash).
  AFTER

 Now these handy boxes are not only pretty ... but at a glance I know which one to pull out and look through for the particular shape I'm looking for on my project.

I have realized lately that there are MANY items in my 'crafting cave' that would look much better if I would take the time to do a little ALTERING!!   What do you have to alter ... look around ... doesn't have to be a BIG project ... could be a box like these to hold various small objects ... could be an empty soup can altered to hold your pencils/markers ... well, you've got the idea!  I'm looking forward to seeing what you create!    Need more inspiration??  Pop on over to the PPCC and check out what my team mates have created to help you out!!

Happy Day my friends!  I'll be back a little later this morning with The Sisterhood Challenge creation for today!!  Hope to see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.