Saturday, July 4, 2009

Friends & Family ...


HAPPY 4th of JULY EVERYONE!!!!

What a beautiful day it is here in NE Ohio and how blessed are we to have the freedom to enjoy it!!! My DH's nephew & girlfriend (Kevin & Connie) came last evening to share the 4th with us and it looks like the weather will cooperate and let us have a cookout. There is a young couple who live across the street whom I noticed are "home alone" this weekend, so I just popped over this morning and invited them over later for a bite to eat & to spend some time chit-chatting. They are nice kids and being in the same age group as Kevin & Connie, I thought they would have a lot in common ... so it's going to be a fun day! I already have the coffee brewing, crepe batter mixed up and the strawberries cut & thickening ... now if this crew would just wake up, we could get the day started!! LOL!!

**********************

We recently had friends from our old neighborhood in Toledo come to visit along with our daughter & grandchildren. What a fun, relaxed time we had and granddaughter, Morgan snapped a few photos for me to share with you all.













We always enjoy visiting with our friends Mark & Nancy Beelman and the fact that they hadn't seen my daughter or grandchildren since we moved here to Akron (6 years ago), they really enjoyed seeing the kids again and seeing how much they've grown. Morgan enjoyed talking with Mr. Beelman out on the deck and helping him do the grilling (wasn't that sweet of him to be "grill master" for the day) while Carolyn, Nancy & (My) Mark chit-chatted in the kitchen.













Grandson, Jonathan has A LOT of energy so he was in & out doing various things to stay busy when he's visiting Nanna & Pappy. He has his own bike here so he took several trips throughout the development and then he found an OLD football in the garage and asked if someone would throw it with him. Everyoneelse was busy so even though I'm not very good at it, I spent a little time in the yard tossing the football back & forth with him. It was great fun but certainly proved just how OUT OF SHAPE I really am!!! LOL!!











Our neighbor Tony Zawarhi (same age as Morgan) stopped over to share the "info-mercial" he had made for a school project with us and it was so funny ... we all enjoyed it tremendously. It's amazing what these kids have to do for school project now a days ... technology has certainly advanced since my days in school!!! While he was here, he was telling us about how he had learned to "swing dance" at church camp a few weeks ago. I "conned" Morgan into dancing with him and here are the results. GREAT FUN!! Tony's a really good kid and we enjoyed his visit!!

Thanks for letting me share my visit with you! Hope you enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. We had a wonderful time. So glad the timing worked as well as it did. I hope you had a wonderful
    4th with family and new friends. All is well...new week...new outlook, hope it sticks around. Love always!! PS Bet the crapes and strawberries were yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww these srae so wonderful Darlene. I am so happy you invited the couple across the street over. It was a tough weekend for me being so far away from my family and friends. Those first holidays away are hard. I love these pictures. SO fun. I really like the way you added them to your blog. Hope your weekend was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fun and exciting 4th of July. Mine was kinda boring. Sorry your DH isn't feeling well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.