Monday, May 25, 2009

What time's the picnic????

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!



Another beautiful day here in N.E. Ohio! Just perfect for all those parades & picnics planned for this holiday weekend!! Unfortunately we are unable to participate this year but look forward to the next holiday when Mark should be "back to normal" and can enjoy all the summertime fun. We would, however, like to wish you all a wonderful, fun-filled day!!




I find inspiration everywhere these days! While planting flowers this weekend, the feel of the sun on my face and the warm breeze inspired me to utilize this image that's been laying in my drawer for months. It's a lovely little image by Rubber Monger and my layout was inspired by Denise [The Paper Landscaper] (peanutbee on SCS). You can see her lovely creation HERE. If you've never seen Denise's work .. you really must pop over to her blog ... she's amazingly talented!!!




My card is A-6 in size and the base is SU Whisper White cardstock. My designer paper comes from the DCWV 12x12 pack called "Garden Party". I've used SU Garden Green cardstock for my matting. I didn't have green dew drops so I went through my markers until I found the right color ... dotted circles of color then placed "clear" dew drops on top ... voila' ... green dew drops!!! The narrow emerald organza ribbon was purchased at Hobby Lobby. My image was stamped using Versafine black ink ... embossed using detail clear ep ... then colored using SU watercolor pencils and a blender pen.
Thanks for stopping by today!! Hope your heart is filled with joy & laughter today!!

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! I love the image and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect image of summer. I think we all long to be carefree enough to run barefooted through a grassy meadow. Good thinking w/ the clear dots...McGyver would be proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful image of summer. And I love the sentiment. Being new to stamping--what is an A6?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.