Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Crafty Secrets Challenge #61


Marcy (kiddielitter) is our hostess today on the Crafty Secrets forum challenge and she has challenged us to make a card/project with the theme of "There's no place like Home".

This cute image comes from the Crafty Secrets "summertime" booklet and certainly shows that HOME is what you make of it. My background designer paper is also Crafty Secrets and comes from the "Classic" paper pack. With using the Stampin' Up Top Note die for my mat behind the main image, I decided to do "faux stitching" with a Creative Memories fine tip black marker around my designer paper.

The flower pot and sprinkling can are images from the Crafty Secrets "Garden Girl" stamp set. I hand wrote the sentiment onto this antique charm by Pixie Press and sponged around it using a makeup applicator and Colorbok "velvet" ink. I also edged around the Top Note matting with a gold Pilot marker.

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my cards.

We are here at Cleveland Clinic where Mark is having treatment (he's doing very well so far). Thanks goodness for modern technology ... both medically and electronically!! Thank you all for your kind thoughts & prayers. We truly appreciate them!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is too cute, Dar! LOVE that trailer image... those booklets have such fun things in them! All your embellishments are great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background paper is so pretty! The image and all your details are perfectly homey. Will have to wrack my brain for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! I love that image and the way you have put this altogether. My children's grandparents use to live just like this right on the beach and they loved it - brings back good memories. I have got to get back into these challenges - I miss them. Take Care, always thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I commented on this on SCS, I just wanted to LYK that I'm thinking about you and Mark today and hoping you are both doing well. And, I really like this card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.