Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Crafty Secrets Challenge #59


Good Morning All ...

Today I am hosting the Crafty Secrets Challenge over on Splitcoaststampers and have given folks a "RECIPE" to follow in making their card/project. I think this is the 1st time we have actually done a recipe challenge ... it will be fun to see what everyone comes up with. I've actually made it pretty easy ... requesting things that many of us already incorporate into our artwork!!


Today's recipe is:

* ribbon or lace
* brads or buttons
* paper piercing


My card today is actually a sketch I was going to use as a "sketch challenge" but decided against it at the last minute. I did however, use it for my card. Here I have used one of the new Crafty Secrets stamp sets called "Garden Girls". My card is 5 1/2" square and the background paper is from the Crafty Secrets "Earthy" designer paper pack and since it is 2-sided, I have used both sides for my panels. I have paper pierced on the corners of my Nestabilities (label one) panel as well as on the upper right and lower left corners/edge of the back layer designer paper (a bit hard to see in the photo). After stamping my image, I have used Eclipse masking medium to cover my image before stamping the sky (by Ala Art) and the ground cover (Stampscapes). Removed the masked image and colored in using SU watercolor pencils and blender pen. I have used Prima flowers & Making Memories brads for the four corners of my main image. My satin and sheer ribbons are by Darice.
FUNNY STORY .... have you ever done this??? While preparing to upload my card and post the challenge this morning, I realized I put my card together ... UP SIDE DOWN !!! Yep, it opens at the top instead of the bottom ... that's what I get for "not paying attention to detail". Guess this card will soon become a 6" square!!! LOL!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today and please come play the challenge ... I'm sure you'll have fun!! Wish me luck ... I'll be at DH's workplace today selling my cards for Harvest for Hunger! Hope they ALL sell ... it's such a good cause!! Have a great day!!

7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! Love that you were brave enough to admit that you put the card together upside down...we have all made a mistake or 2! Take Care - Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Or the card opens on the left rather than the right; in other words accidentally decorated the back. hee hee! Done that a few times.
    Yummy recipe! Will definitely play this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super pretty, Dar! I love the brightness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dar, first, the card is gorgeous!! Love the pretty deets, like the flowers in the corners. Second, I make a few differently opening cards every year! I never fix them. I yam what I yam! Who would complain about a card this pretty? Not me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, very nice card. Your coloring is beautiful. I love everything about it and this new Garden Girl stamp is fantastic!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo pretty! I have to take the time out of my busy day to order this set! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and I have made cards before noticing they are upside down or opening on the wrong side...we all have those *oops* moments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.