Tuesday, December 16, 2008

OCCC -Gift Card/Money Holders

Here are a few money holders and gift card holders I've made for our gift giving this year! (You can click on the image for a larger view).
This week's challenge over on the Our Creative Corner blog is to make a gift card holder so this fits right in. On their challenge blog they also offer up a really cute gift card holder template from their guest designer, Tori Wild.


The gift card holders I have made start out with a 4 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock ... scored in thirds. I've used the SU word window punch and circular Nestabilities to make the pull slot. If you'd like specific instructions, please let me know and I can get them to you. These are fun because you can decorate just the front ... or the inside left ... or the inside right ... or ALL sides! Which ever you choose. The holder in the back was made for a guy and I've used the SU "Nature Silouettes" as the main image. The inside has additional "animal" images and I bet you can guess where the gift card is for!!!



We have several "tweeners" in our family right now so gift giving is more difficult than when they were "little ones"!
The easy way out for us this year is to give them money ... of course, I'm sure they will ALL love having the money to put towards whatever electronic device they feel they HAVE TO HAVE this year, LOL!! The paper dimension is 6 1/2" x 8 1/4" ... scored in thirds. I've rounded the corners of the outer flap and the inside has an oval cut in the lower panel which when folded up to hold the money, you can see "which President" is looking back at you! The image on the front is by Impression Obsession and I've used Prisma pencils for the coloring. What a quick & easy way to dress up any President!
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look! Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Darlene, these are all fabulous!!! Great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene How are you??? These are a great idea!! Nicely done...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea! Yes, I'd love the instructions on how you made these. I could use this info come graduation season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are swonderful, so glad you got to play woith us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.