Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Crafty Secrets Challenge #40

Today's Crafty Secrets challenge is hosted by Joanne (Angelnorth). Joanne is being very "business" minded today and has asked us to make a card that would fit into a business sized envelope. These long cards are always fun (postage is same as A2) because you have more work surface to play with!!


The Crafty Secrets booklets have the perfect images for a long card and that is what I've used on my card today. This image came from the Christmas Images & Journal Notes booklet. There is actually the sentiment Merry Christmas under the ribbon ... I wanted to use a larger sentiment more positioned in the middle for my card so I hit the original with ribbon. My Seasons Greetings sentiment comes from the Crafty Secrets Vintage Christmas stamp set.
I don't think you can see it well in the photo, but I used an American Crafts gold glitter pen to go over the designs on the ornaments to give them a little sparkle and to tie in with the gold & red brads down the right side. (Looks better in real life!!)
Thanks for stopping by and PLEASE stop back!! I love hearing from all of you!! Have a great day ... we actually saw a few SNOW flakes here in NE Ohio this a.m. Good reason to spend more time in the craftroom ... that's where I'm headed ... how about you???

8 comments:

  1. Darlene, this is a beautiful card. love everything about it! who ever gets this can untie the ribbon and have another lovely message! I've missed visiting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Love that vintage image and the fun size of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beauty - again. Very pretty. Love the paper and the image. Those brads down the side are such a nice touch and the sentiment is great. Glad to hear you had a nice time with your frineds. Take Care and Hugs to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so detailed and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the soft colors and old-fashioned feel! Long cards ARE fun! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene, this is just adorable. I love the vintage feel and you have done such a great job creating it.
    Of course, I love everything done with Crafty Secrets! Great job.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, don't say that dirty 4-letter word!!!

    This card is so PRETTY! Those ornaments are lovely, and you're right... the booklet image was perfect for your "business" card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beauty. I'll have to wait to play this challenge too! No time now! Love those vintage ornaments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.