Tuesday, October 7, 2008

1 card ... 2 challenges


Hope your day is going well!!! I finally got the opportunity to do today's Crafty Secrets Challenge over on the SCS Member Companies forum. Today's host is Lori Lynn Washburn and she has asked us to use chipboard on our project. I decided I could combine today's card to fit in with Saturday's challenge over on the Our Creative Corner blog - bling.

Stamps used here are all from the Crafty Secrets - Vintage Christmas set. The chipboard is also Crafty Secrets - Sweet Chips which I have covered in Diamond Stickles. I just LOVE this vintage Santa and I chose to stamp him using Versafine black ink on whisper white cs punched using the Marvy scallop circle punch. After stamping the image, I masked him and stamped/embossed the Memories silver snowflakes and added the acrylic jewels by The Beadery for the BLING! Oh yea, I simply colored him lightly using SU watercolor pencils and a blender pen. The background paper on this card is also from Crafty Secrets, their Radiant paper pack.
I'm not a very big "bling/sparkle" type of cardmaker, but I really like how this card looks. A friend of mine is a HUGE glitter, sparkle fan ... maybe she'll be the recipient of this holiday card!! Thanks for stopping by ... please come back again! Till then ... have a great day!!!

6 comments:

  1. I'll case your card and you can case mine from this Crafty Secrets set! (Thanks for visiting my blog earlier today.) I'm a big bling fan too - and vintage christmas. Go ahead, stuff my mailbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! It looks vintage to me! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous vintage look. Love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous coloring on Santa! And LOVE the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene,
    I just love this! you did such a terrific job with it all. I love how you colored the Santa and added the snow flakes. It is just beautiful!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. I just love this image! I haven't done this challenge yet, hopefully I'll get to it today. I don't have much chipboard, so we'll see what I'll be able to come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.